Thursday, November 13, 2008

Obama Worship Thingy


Just when I thought the “Obama Worship Thingy” couldn’t go any further, I stumbled across this little tidbit this morning. I will admit that I had witnessed a few of these little style shifts during the height of the race, but I was for sure these were isolated incidents restricted to the hardcore Obama fans in Harlem and the South Side of Chicago. But low and behold, as I was watching my favorite channel, MSNBC, the following special report was aired. You know when the barber shops of the hood go mainstream as well as viral, it's time to stand up and pay attention.



Is it just me, or does this particular fashion statement seem a bit extreme. The hair coloring, the precision cut, the scary carved Obama face – it all seems a bit bizarre to me. Hey don’t get me wrong, I adore Obama as much as the next “German” but I don’t think I am quite ready for a big “O” branded across my forehead. Come to think of it, a branding might look pretty cool just under the Prince symbol I had tattooed on my ass a few weeks ago… I kid, I kid…

"Gratuitous Prince Reference"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You were just as extreme during this whole election.. Calm down..