Monday, January 7, 2008

Belated Holiday Sneers!!! Ooops, I meant Holiday Cheers!!!

Hey gang,

I've been meaning to share these photos with you guys for a few days now, but somehow they got stuck in that weird space between the digital camera and my computer... Come on you all know that weird space called "procrastination”. Another reason I may have hesitated posting these photos might also stem from the fact that I seriously find the holidays to be a bit cheesy.

Unfortunately, my boyfriend (Tyson) believes in celebrating every holiday under the sun. He is still under the impression that his birthday should be listed as a National Holiday. Anyway, my boyfriend and I actually did the whole tree trimming thing on Christmas Eve. I thought that I would be able to get out of this bit, but Tyson kept giving me those puppy dog looks, coupled with occasional sneers, both of which were pregnant with – “It’s Christmas – We MUST have a tree.” Listen, don’t let his sweet face fool you – “Mr. Tyson P. is a handful.” I will be addressing this handful of mine in another post, but for now let’s stick to the holidays. Anyway, once we got the whole tree trimming thing going, I actually found myself enjoying it… As you can see from the photos below, we dragged that poor tree up so fiercely it looked like a dolled up RuPaul, Andre J and my dear friend, Jay Alexander… Dress included!!!






Shortly after Xmas, Tyson and I took off to spend New Year’s Eve in London. The London trip was actually a surprise Christmas gift I received from my dear Tyson.

We had a blast! We honestly had a blast doing nothing in particular. We were also lucky due to the fact that most of our friends living in London were away traveling for the holidays. Therefore we were not forced to run around town meeting this one and that one - - - we were simply allowed to be carefree… We truly had a blast.






The one friend I did have a chance to catch up with was the amazing artist, musician and performer – JELONE. Jelone is a part of the whole “Amy Winehouse” crew sans the whole drug thing and I have had the fortune of calling him a dear friend for more than 10 years. He is truly an unique artist and an amazing spirit. I will feature Jelone in an upcoming post of his own, but for now I leave you with one of his most recent performances live from Notting Hill’s White Party…





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are too fabulous for us mere mortals. Love it!

Anonymous said...

You guys are too fabulous for us mere mortals. Love it.

Anonymous said...

Mal you are such a "rock star" - I don't know which I love more - your beautiful designs - or your amazing life and spirit. I'll take both "..."

Maggie Betts said...

Mal,

I was in Paris during the holidays. Would have loved to see you in either Paris or London. Let's catch up soon. Kisses.

Anonymous said...

Mal - next time - can I come with?

Anonymous said...

Hey, I too know Jelone. He is so major here in London. He is like the king of Notting Hill. A true creative.