Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Big "Spoof" Reveal

Now it’s time for the big "spoof" reveal - - - The "Andre J." monologue featured in the Mal Sirrah Spring/Summer 2008 presentation was actually a spoof on a video featured on my favorite blog, "Cathy Horyn’s - On The Runway” starring actor, Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

When I first saw the feel, grit, humor and texture of this video I fell in love; which for many of you will explain why I initially chose the sultry moodiness of actress Stella Schnabel (daughter of famed artist – Julian Schnabel)… However, if you have been following CS&B you are well aware of my narrator dilemma (posted 10/02/07 - The Oracle or The Seductress) . Needless, to say, the universe as well as all of you decided for me… And therefore, this is how we ended up with such a wonderfully captivating and hillarious presentation.

You must check out the original on "On The Runway" and then take another look at our version and I am sure you will be fully and completely amused by our efforts… Afterwards, please let me know your thoughts...

http://runway.blogs.nytimes.com/


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket





p.s. only one very clever person made the connection "RWeisman" (I take it you are a huge Cathy Horyn admirer as well...)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing presentation. You rock.

Anonymous said...

all too brilliant - too, too brilliant.

Anonymous said...

I am loving you more and more each day. The world will too. Thanks for existing.