Wednesday, March 19, 2008

"The Test of Style"

Now that the new issue of UNVOGUE has been uploaded and ready for viewing by the rest of the world, I wanted to share a little insider’s secret with my CS&B peeps.



UNVOGUE'S MODEL MOMENTS
(A new approach to truly bringing the fashion pages of a magazine to life)

After viewing the video above you will notice that the final shot is of a Mal Sirrah evening gown designed several years ago for America’s Next Top Model Cycle 3 winner, Ms. Eva Pigford. It has always been my goal to design amazingly crafted pieces that look as beautiful and stylish today as they looked when they originally went down the catwalk (or in this case the red carpet)… Now you be the judge… Let me know your thoughts about this evening dress simply entitled “The Diva”… Has it passed "The test of style?" - - - Would you too also wear it today?

"The Diva" as it sat draped on my "infamous" dress form where all Mal Sirrah creations are born

Designed for "EVA THE DIVA" circa May 2005

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the folks of UNVOGUE for allowing me to utilize the pages of their magazine to carry out this experiment in “The Test of Style”…

p.s. There is also a hidden connection in the entire "UNVOGUE - Model Moments - The Diva" trilogy... Can you figure it out???

3 comments:

Marian said...

Love the dress you designed for Eva.I most definately would wear it today as its a classic piece and the color is truely something!Draped dresses never date in my opinion.There are so many draped and grecian type dresses on spring/summer 08 catwalks that your dress is still bang on!
xxx
Marian
THE HOUSE OF STYLE
Fashion,personal and celebrity styling.

Anonymous said...

Mal - where can I buy this dress? Is it made to order. Can you please post information - please - pretty please.

Maggie Betts said...

Can we talk about this dress for me in black when I get back from Europe. It's absolutely timeless!