Thursday, March 13, 2008

Today I felt like a KING

There are days when I can’t believe how powerful and strong I feel… And then there are other days when I ask the universe, “Why has my strength abandoned me?”

Today, however, was one of those days when I felt like a KING… Today I felt happy to be a creative - to be strong - to be excited – to be black - to be different - to be caring – to be alive - to be an American - to be sensitive -to be me - to be MALCOLM.

As I sat here preparing to share my thoughts with my peeps this evening, I was hit by an overwhelming sense of gratitude. A sense of gratitude for the man I know to be the reason for every proud step taken by me today. I wondered to myself if I had finally begun to truly live up to his dream…

When you click this video there is a wonderful treat in store. (hint N.S. )

There are so many reasons why I wish Martin Luther King Jr. were still alive to see us ALL today!!! I believe we are truly reaching his dream…


I don't believe we should only celebrate our great leaders and thinkers on their birthdays. We should celebrate them every single time we move towards their ideals.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Malcolm as a young white teen growing up in the South, I often wondered what great strength it took for my Black friends to succeed with all the obstacles placed in front of them. But they always found a way. I am sure that Dr. King is proud of us all and especially of you! Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Just read somewhere on the web about how proud Martin Luther King would be of the United States. Spot on Mal.