Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Original it ain't (revised)

I have tried my best to bite my tongue on this one, but after reading all over the internet what "geniuses" Marc Jacobs and Juergen Tueller are for coming up with their new spring advertising concept - I just had to take exception... I usually find their ad campaigns extremely provocative and original but this one, "original it ain't"... I won't spend too much time on this - but I will simply give you a dated breakdown of events:


Mal Sirrah Spring/Summer Show - August 2007



French Vogue Cover - November 2007
Marc Jacobs declares his love for the purse toting blogger BryanBoy (even BryanBoy counts Andre J as one his inspirations)
February 2008
(newsflash: every young gay boy worth his salt on the Lower East Side has been carrying a woman's handbags for the past two years now)




Marc Jacobs Ad Campaign photographed by Jeurgen Teller- June 2008

Genius??? Huhhhh??? At least have the courage to give the proper credit where it is due or to at least book the original model for the gig... Not to mention, now that you have named a bag after BryanBoy can we expect to see the "Andre J Clutch" next season???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I love your blog and I hope all is well with you. I have some good news, I think. According to this blog the ad campaign is inspired by blogger Bryanboy who, apparently, has been in contact with Marc Jacobs for a short time.

xoxo

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.