Thursday, October 2, 2008

Rachel Getting Married = Anne Getting Oscar

Last night I had the pleasure of being invited to a private screening of “Rachel Getting Married” hosted by the films director, Jonathan Demme at the Paris Theater here in New York City.


Jonathan Demme is perhaps one of my favorite directors on the entire planet, so to listen to him explain how this film came to being was like listening to Michael Angelo explain how he painted the Sistine Chapel.

I don’t usually like making these grand predictions, but something tells me that Anne Hathaway might actually receive an Oscar nod for her performance in this gritty and stirring role. Personally, I have never really been a big Anne Hathaway fan, but this movie may have been the turning point…


Now don’t get me wrong, I didn’t hate her in the “Devil Wears Prada”, but that movie for me was more about Patricia Field then it was about any of the characters in the movie. But this movie is all about Anne Hathaway and the progressive multi-cultural story telling of Jenny Lumet (daughter of famed film director Sidney Lumet and granddaughter of legend, Ms. Lena Horne).



“Anywhatever” (my favorite made up word), check out the movie trailer below and make sure you run out to see it…


No comments: