Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Countess of Berisford - DListed

This is a CS&B follow-up...

Recently I posted on my dear friend, photographer Stan Shaffer and his new book "You Should Have Been With Me", wherein I mentioned his wife and former model, Louise Robey (now known as The Countess of Berisford - she previously married in the title). Well imagine my surprise when I happened to take my weekly guilty pleasure visit over to "Dlisted" and there, in all her glory, was the Countess as their "Hot Slut of the Week".
Now I am sure they use this caption as a term of endearment, but I couldn't help laughing to myself thinking, "What would the Countess say if she knew she had been - "D-Listed?"

As you can see from this recent photo by Stan Shaffer - Louise is still quite a beauty!

Well, you see my kiddies the Countess has a bit of a past (all of which she has spoken about in great length), but for some reason I always thought this "past" was simply shared amongst a small group of her close friends. You see it turns out that back in the 1980's after Louise's modeling days were over she thought it would be a great idea to begin an acting and singing career. She actually starred in perhaps one the most camp shows to ever hit television "Friday the 13th: The Television Series". Imagine? But what she also had was a hit single and video that still has a cult-like following - "One Night in Bangkok".


This video is absolutely legendary. L-e-g-e-n-d-a-r-y!

Now experience has taught me that one should never say never, but I can promise you all there is no acting or singing career in my future for this very reason. I can't bear to think of some smart-ass cyber kid one day podcasting or hyper-cyber-blogging about this old reclusive black dude now living in the penthouse at the Plaza. Yes, Hemingway's heaven takes place at the Ritz in Paris, my heaven on earth takes place at the newly renovated Plaza here in New York City.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your entertaining comments about Louise Robey. One of these days someone is going to write a book about this fascinating and beautiful woman who has been through some unbelievable experiences. In the meanwhile, I'm privileged to be Louise's friend and personal manager. "Friday the 13th: The Series," of which Season 1 will be released to DVD on September 23rd, has had amazing staying power. A huge cult following of fans cannot seem to get enough of Louise and this show. It's currently playing on the Chiller TV network and rumored to be under consideration for an even wider airing on the Sci-Fi Network.

I am absolutely certain that new things are in store for Louise. She continues to write music and has been collaborating with some great French musicians. I've never seen her happier since she took up residence with her new husband Stan Shaffer in the bucolic French countryside. She is writing new music almost daily and helping Stan get his book about his career as a photographer ready for publishing. A half-world away in North America, the series residuals continue, the buzz continues, movie offers come in, music deals are afoot, and, yes, the inevitable tabloid jabs that every celebrity must weather. But Louise has been through even meaner words in print. One of the things I admire about her is her ability to laugh and let such words roll off her back. No one's gonna bring this lady down.

Oh, by the way. I heard a rumor floating around that in the photos of Louise credited by Stan that she is wearing hair extensions. Well, let me dispel that rumor. Those beautiful tresses are her own. I've got a few strands of her hair left behind in my family's guest room to prove otherwise! Sorry, don't bother looking on Ebay for them!

Cheers,Fred

Lauver Management
http://www.myspace.com/lauvermanagement

Anonymous said...

Not much more for me to add except being her husband I can attest to the fact that the hair is real and so are the boobs ... thanks to Dolce and Gabbana's corset dress they are pushed up a bit but these are the real things.... she can still win a wet T shirt contest and on a chilly day she will knock your eyeballs out...

Anonymous said...

Not much more for me to add except being her husband I can attest to the fact that the hair is real and so are the boobs ... thanks to Dolce and Gabbana's corset dress they are pushed up a bit but these are the real things.... she can still win a wet T shirt contest and on a chilly day she will knock your eyeballs out...

Anonymous said...

Not much more for me to add except being her husband I can attest to the fact that the hair is real and so are the boobs ... thanks to Dolce and Gabbana's corset dress they are pushed up a bit but these are the real things.... she can still win a wet T shirt contest and on a chilly day she will knock your eyeballs out...

Anonymous said...

Mal...
Your clothes are outrageously gorgeous...
Thank you,
Louise

Anonymous said...

Louise Robey - "Scream Queen of The Month"


myspace.com/louise_robeys_creeps
Date: Aug 13, 2008 2:33 PM
Flag as Spam or Report Abuse [?]
Subject:
RE: D list
Body:
Hi Stan and Louise! Here is the message and link that was sent to me about Scream Queen of the month:

"Just wanted to inform you that we have made Robey our Scream Queen of the Month on our myspace page.
I Love your site, you do a great job representing Robey! Keep up the great work. :-)"
Mike

Link:
http://profile. myspace. com/index. cfm?fuseaction=user. viewprofile&friendid=403371256


I'm posting new blogs now about that and other Louise related things, xoxo Robert E.