Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Welcome To The World of Mal Sirrah

Official Launch September 5th, 2007 - SNEAK PEAK

Episode 1

My name is Malcolm Harris and I am the Creative Director for the made-to-order fashion brand Mal Sirrah. This fall we find ourselves in the very fortunate position of launching a complete Mal Sirrah Spring/Summer 2008 ready-to-wear collection that will debut via the Internet not only here on Cut, Sew and Blog, but also at www.youtube.com/malsirrah, www.myspace.com/malsirrah, and finally on http://www.malsirrah.com/. Additionally, as it has always been my dream to show the Mal Sirrah collection in Paris, we will release this collection on October 7th, 2007, the final day of Paris Fashion Week. Did I mention that we will be doing all of this from the comforts of our offices here in New York City? Yes my wonderful fashion colleagues, in the words of author Thomas L. Friedman, "The World Is Flat!!!"... And with the help of all of you, we will prove it...

In addition to my work as a fashion designer, I recently founded a charitable project with my dear friend Lydia Hearst - Designers for Darfur (D4D). We will also use Cut, Sew and Blog to keep you posted of upcoming D4D projects and initiatives.

Therefore check back daily as we stir the proverbial "fashion pot" and move forward in our quest of "Changing the World One Dress at Time"...

But for now, sit back and take a video sneak peek at how I got started in the fashion industry, how Lydia and I learned of the crisis in Darfur, and what Mal Sirrah has planned for the future.



2 comments:

Patricia Hannigan said...

Very,nice blog. How inspiring and fascinating to see the way you're creating and marketing your fashions.

Anonymous said...

This Blog is so Major and necessary. You are gifted, please keep up the great work. Lights, Camera, Action. I'm tuned in.

from,
Jessica