Monday, September 17, 2007

Mal Sirrah "Rebel With A Cause" / Designers for Darfur

Wow!!! The blogging community has truly overwhelmed me with their support... Once again, I find myself truly humbled... Over the past week, I have received feedback from some of the most intelligent and thoughtful people and therefore I would be remiss if I didn't solicit these great minds for their assistance.


After reading my post below on Designers for Darfur and having an opportunity to mull it all over, I really need your feedback to the following question:

What do you believe grassroots organizations such as Designers for Darfur can do to effect change in the situation that is currently taking place in Darfur???

I truly do look forward to receiving your feedback... In the meantime, for more information on the crisis currently taking place in Darfur please visit the websites of our partnering advocacy and relief organizations as highlighted below:

The Save Darfur Coalition (http://www.savedarfur.org/)

The International Rescue Committee (http://www.theirc.org/)



Doctors Without Borders -Sudan (http://www.doctorswithoutborder.org/)

4 comments:

Encore Bride said...

First, I would like to congratulate you on creating this wonderful organization. I only wish the rest of the industry could genuinely support issues like this. Many people complain about the injustices of this world, yet many never do anything about it. I think one of the most effective approaches for grassroots organizations is education/awareness. Let's face it, we may not have the resources to save the world but knowledge is power. People need to be aware of the situation/crisis and know where they need to knock (or tear down the door) for answers, support and/or change.

Liberty London Girl said...

Hey saw your post on ASW - love the blog. Do check mine out too!
libertylondongirl.blogspot.com

I'll link to you from mine.

xx

Elle Woods said...

When it comes to the issue of darfur and africa as a whole, i feel a lot of so called "do gooders" tend to use the plight of our continent as a means of publicity. I commend you on thsi initiative and hopefully this becomes something that will be worhtwhile.

Anonymous said...

You have a heart of gold!