Thursday, September 13, 2007

Congratulations to our little Chanel Iman

Congratulations my little Chanelly - We are all so proud of you...


Chanel Iman (The Model)

Family night out: Jessie, Tyson, Julia, Malcolm, J. Alexander, Chanel Iman (the 16 year old kid), and "random dude"

As we come to the close of yet another fashion week in New York City, I would like to send a big hug and congratulations to my favorite little model - Chanel Iman. I just love this girl… She is truly like my adopted daughter and yes, she is naturally thin for those of you wondering… Her mother, China, has also been in town accompanying our little “Chanelly” to all of her castings, fittings and shows. Chanel has been in almost 30 shows this season… She has decided not to go to London inorder to spend the next week here in New York relaxing. But get ready for her on the catwalks of Milan and Paris. Did I mention how much I love this girl….

Earlier this year, Yale University’s Sankofa Group paid me the highest tribute by naming an award in my honor – The Malcolm Harris Trailblazer Award…. This was perhaps the highlight of the year (however, the year is not over)…. With this amazing honor, I was able to nominate several persons from within the fashion industry to receive The MH Trailblazer Award, and Chanel Iman was their first recipient. Check out her acceptance speech below:





Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Tyson P said...

I CANNOT EXPRESS IT ENOUGH!!! HOW MUCH I HONESTLY LOOOOOOVE THIS GIRL (LET HER TELL IT, SHE'S A "WOMAN")I SAT WITH CHINA @ SEVERAL SHOWS THAT CHANEL WALKED IN THIS SEASON AND I FELT JUST AS CHINA DID..LIKE A PROUD PARENT! THEN I FINALLY WITNESSED THE "WINK" WHICH CAPITVATED ANNA WINTOUR AND THOUGHT "OMG THIS GIRL IS AMAZING!"